Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Homemade Wingers

Hey there, this is Kelli. Do I have a tasty delight for you tonight. Have you been to Wingers?
It is one of my husband's favorite restaurant's and so while trolling the web I happened upon this recipe....and thought, hmmm...I will try this. I am telling you now that we LOVE these. They are so good!

First, make the sauce. It makes a lot, you can do probably two pans full with all the sauce you make with this recipe.

I found these chicken tenders at Smith's. I was looking in the frozen chicken section and was having a coronary over the prices. Then I walked over to the meat/butcher section and they had these lovely chicken tenders for the wonderful price of $4.

Put some foil down over your baking sheet, put on your chicken and you can just pour the sauce over the chicken. I did that and then I went back with my tongs and pulled the larger pieces and dipped them so they were coated.

They turned out wonderful. We just dipped them in ranch. Also, nice little tidbit...if you like the Winger's creamy sauce. All I did was mix some of the sauce with the ranch and mix. Yummy...good for dipping too. :)


Homemade Winger's Sticky Fingers
Breaded Chicken Tenders
2 Cups Brown Sugar, packed
1 Cup Water
3/4 Cup Vinegar
1/2 Cup Ketchup
3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
4 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/4 Cup Franks Hot Sauce (less if you want less spice)

Fill 9x13 pan with desired amount of breaded chicken tenders. In a bowl mix remaining ingredients together and pour over top of chicken. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until center of chicken is no longer pink. Sauce will thicken upon standing (turn pieces after they come out of the oven to evenly coat with sauce-but if not they are still good).
Serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing.
Pin It!

No comments: