Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chocolate Chili Cake

Hey there! It's Erin. As many of you know, I love to bake!!! My sisters are so good at cooking but my specialty seems to be baking...so most of my contributions will be cakes or treats of some kind or another.

At work tomorrow for CINCO DE MAYO, we are having a potluck and I'm always asked to contribute a cake. I wanted to go for something different this time so here is a cake creation that is yummy but it definitely has a kick.

Chocolate Chili Cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
ingredients to make cake from the box (eggs, oil, water)
1 box chocolate pudding
1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp chili powder
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix dry ingredients together til combined. Add wet ingredients and mix for at least 2 minutes. Bake as directed on box.

I frosted my cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. ENJOY!!
Pin It!

1 comment:

tikichikadee said...

Oh man, I need me some mexicake! This recipe sounds awesome!