Friday, May 6, 2011

Ham n' Bean Soup

After Easter I had a TON of leftover ham. We ate it for a week and I wanted to make something with it. So I called Amy and she gave me a quick recipe for Ham n' Bean Soup. I added some things and know what I will do differently next time (more water/broth). But it was quite good.

Here is what you will need: potatoes, onion, garlic, ham, great northern beans, pepper, oregeno
and not pictured is water and chicken broth.


I decided to add the celery after looking in my fridge...it made quite a difference. Add it!

YUMMY!



Ham n’ Bean Soup

2 cans Great Northern Bean Soup
2-3 Cups Ham (with bone okay), cut into small pieces
2 Potatoes, cut into small pieces
Onion, finely chopped
Celery, finely chopped
1-2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Chicken Broth
Seasonings to taste; pepper, salt, oregano, basil leaves, etc…

Saute the onions and celery in a pan with olive oil or butter. In a crockpot add the beans, ham, potatoes, water and chicken broth. Add the vegetables, garlic and seasonings. Cook on high in crockpot for 4 hours or leave all day.
Pin It!

No comments: