Friday, May 11, 2012

Tator Tot Casserole

Growing up this was one of the casseroles that my mom would make for us that we would ALL eat.
I still like it and my kids like it too.  Tried and true recipe! :)
It is tasty and has something that almost every kid will eat.


Tator Tots, Hamburger, Chicken & Rice Soup, Chicken Gumbo Soup, and French Style Green Beans

I am making this for a neighbor so I bought one of those foil casserole dishes.  
Since it was pretty large I decided to split it in half.  
Part of it the casserole and the other half I filled with the extra tator tots.  
Kids love tator tots and I figured that was a great extra to give my neighbor.



Brown your hamburger (you can use onion...but since this is for a family with young kids I didn't)
Place it on the bottom on your dish.


Next comes the french style green beans.  Drain them and place them over your hamburger.


Take your two soups and boil them on your stove top and mix them well.
Pour this over your green beans and hamburger.  
Cover with tator tots.
Bake for about half hour to one hour at 350 degrees.



Tator Tot Casserole
1 lb Ground Beef
1 small Onion
1 bag Frozen Tator Tot Potatoes
1 can French Green Beans
1 can Chicken Gumbo Soup
1 can Chicken Rice Soup

In a pan brown the beef with the onions. Spread on the bottom of a casserole dish. Drain the green bean and spread over the meat. In a saucepan combine the soups and heat to boiling. Pour that over the bean layer. Cover the top with the tator tot potatoes. Bake for about an hour at 350 degrees.
Pin It!

No comments: