Friday, December 7, 2012

Bordeaux Candy

See's Candy... do I need to say anything else! :)
Yup...Bordeaux bar.  For as long as I can remember we have always gotten one of these lovely little chocolate bars for Christmas.  They are so good.  But now the price of them is just a little crazy so I decided I wanted to try making them.  Searching the internet and Pinterest and this is the best recipe I could find.
Since it is Christmas time and we all love candy, why not try making some.  
I had good intentions of making them for neighbors...but they didn't get that far. :)

                                        

The first step is to melt your butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and let it boil.
Add cream, coffee and salt, boil again and then let it cool.  Add powdered sugar.


You can just stick it in the fridge to let it firm up.  
I went ahead and made my truffle balls and then stuck them in the fridge to get firm.
Then dip them in melted chocolate and let them firm again in the fridge.


You have just made a magnificent truffle.  They are good.  The next time I make them I am going to cut back on the coffee because that flavor was too strong for me.  But otherwise, they are pretty close.

Bordeaux Candy
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4-1/2 tsp Instant Coffee
Pinch of Salt
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
12 oz Chocolate

Melt the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan.  Bring it to a boil and let it roll for 2 minutes.  Stir in the cream, coffee and salt.  Let it boil again for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.  Remove from the heat and let it cook for 10 minutes.  Add the powdered sugar and stir well.  Chill until it holds shape.  Roll into small balls or bars.  Melt your chocolate according to package directions.  Dip you balls into the chocolate and let set in the fridge.

Kelli
Pin It!

No comments: