Friday, July 27, 2012

P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps

My husband and I went out one afternoon with some friends to P.F. Chang's.  We have never been there, but we were told that the lettuce wraps were amazing.  In fact, that they have had dreams about them.  Well...I knew that they had to be good so we ordered them.  Oh.  My.  Goodness!
They were tasty...and I had dreams about them that night.  
I wanted them again and again...and again.  Yum.
Well, I knew that there had to be copycat recipe out there for them so I searched the internet and found one and tried them out on my family.  It was a hit...even with the kids.  Who knew.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do.  I think we have a new favorite!



I wish mine looked like this...but this is what they look like in P.F. Chang's :)


First, you need to make the stir fry sauce.  
Mix Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar and Rice Vinegar together and set it aside.


This is where it is going to make the most time.  
You will need to cut up your chicken breasts into small cubed pieces.


Take olive oil and sesame oil, let it heat up and then stir fry your chicken until it is done.
Once it is done, remove from the pan and leave your oil in the pan and keep hot.


You will need to cut up your mushrooms into cubes as well.  
About the same size of your chicken pieces.


Chop up your onion, and slice water chestnuts into small cubes as well.


You might need to add some more olive oil to your pan, add garlic, onions, water chestnuts, mushrooms, chicken and the stir fry sauce all into the pan.  Cook everything until the mushrooms are tender.


I usually buy a whole head of lettuce, wash it, cut in half and place in a bowl.


Take leaf of lettuce, place as many rice noodles on there as you want (lots for me...I like the crunch)


Then spoon on your chicken mixture.
Wrap your lettuce around it and eat.  Once you start you cannot stop. :)
Keep making them and eating them until full.  
ENJOY!

P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Iceberg or Romaine Lettuce
Rice Noodles

Stir Fry Sauce:
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Rice Vinegar

Mix well and set aside.

Chicken Mixture:
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Seseme Oil
2 Chicken Breasts, cut into small pieces or cubes
1 can Water Chestnuts, drained and cut into small pieces
1/2 - 1 Cup Mushroom, cut into small pieces
1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, minced

Combine the olive oil and sesame oil in a pan or wok, heat until it shimmers.  Add the chicken and stir fry until cooked.  Remove and allow the chicken to cool.  Reserve the oil in the pan, keeping it hot.  Add more olive oil if needed.  Add your garlic, onions, water chestnuts, mushrooms, chicken and stir fry sauce back into the pan.  Cook everything until the mushrooms are tender.  Wrap the chicken mixture with rice noodles and lettuce. 
Pin It!

No comments: