Monday, July 23, 2012

Box Brownie Mix: DIY

Don't you just hate it when you want to make a yummy dessert, you open your cupboard to grab that box mix of brownies...and...it is not there!  Such a bummer.
Well...thanks to Pinterest (my friend for life) I found a way for you to make your own brownie mix (click here) to store in your pantry or freezer.  I can guarantee that you have all of the ingredients in your pantry.
I love you Pinterest.  
I just made two batches of these brownies and I must say that they are super good and super easy, and cost cents on the dollar instead of the $1-2 per box you would buy them for in the store.
Your welcome!



Box Brownie Mix: DIY
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Powder

Mix the ingredients together, dump into a bag.  Store in a bag in your pantry for at least 6 months, to add life to it you can store it in your freezer.

To make the brownies:
Dump bag into bowl and add:
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Oil (or melted margarine)
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix well and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Yummy!
Pin It!

No comments: