Wednesday, August 3, 2011

REALLY REALLY Good Chocolate Cake


So today I decided to make a chocolate cake because I had a ton of leftover frosting from my son's birthday party. I was cruising my friend Google and found this recipe.
It is heavenly...
I mean really really good.
I didn't make the frosting because of all of my leftover buttercream frosting...but I know this is good frosting. Look at the picture! =)
Try it...you will love it!

Chocolate Cake
2 Cups Sugar
1 3/4 Cups Flour
3/4 Cups Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Boiling Water

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You can use 2 round pans, cake pans or cupcake pans
(I did cupcakes). Stir the dry ingredients together, then add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir together for 2 minutes and then stir in the boiling water. This will thin your batter, but it's okay.
Pour your batter into preferred pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Let cool.

Chocolate Frosting
1/2 Cup Butter
2/3 Cup Cocoa
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/3 Cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla

In a saucepan melt the butter, then stir in the cocoa. Alternately add your powdered sugar and milk until they are mixed in well. stir in the vanilla and mix. Once your cake or cupcakes have cooled frost with this yummy frosting!

-Kelli
Pin It!

No comments: