Thursday, June 16, 2011

White Chili


My sister-in-law introduced me to this recipe and has become almost a weekly meal at our house. I must say that it is sooooo good and even better the next day for leftovers. :)
We always serve it with french bread and though I don't think it is as good, my husband loves garlic bread with it.


White Chili

2 cans Chicken Breast, undrained
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp Garlic, chopped (2-3 cloves)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cans Great Northern Beans, untrained
1 can Chicken Broth
2 cans Green Chiles, untrained
Chopped Jalapenos to taste
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne Pepper
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4 Cup Water

In a large saucepan sauté the oil, onion and garlic until caramelized. Add beans, broth, chiles, chicken, seasonings and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream.
Note: Depending on the brand of sour cream (thickness) the simmer time may need to be extended to dissolve the sour cream.

*We are a garlic crazy family...so I ALWAYS add more garlic. I think it makes the flavor better...so I usually put in about 6-8 cloves of garlic.
Pin It!

No comments: