Friday, February 3, 2012

Steak Fajitas

We have a freezer full of elk and deer meat!  And when I say a freezer full, I am not kidding.
We have so many steaks, roasts, ground meat, jerky, etc...that I have to get creative.
You can make the same things with elk and deer meat that you make with regular beef, but sometimes it is hard to think about what to do.

We had some steaks in the fridge waiting to be made for dinner.  I decided to make Fajitas, but I didn't have any fajita seasoning packets and I didn't want to have to pack up the kid and run to the store just for fajita seasoning.  So I decided to make my own.


Here are the players...
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cayenne Pepper
Cumin
Paprika
Chili Powder
Sugar
Salt (optional)


It smells wonderful and makes about two seasoning packets full.


I cut up my steak into strips, cut up the onions and peppers.
Place some olive oil in the pan and start browning your steak, add your vegetables and the fajita seasoning, some water and mix in your pan.  Let it simmer.


Place the fajita mixture in a tortilla with cheese and any other toppings you prefer for your fajitas.
Yummy!!!

Fajita Seasoning
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne
1/4 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt (optional)

Steak Fajitas
Steaks, cut into strips
Green & Red Peppers, cut into strips
Onions, cut into strips
Fajita Seasoning
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 - 1/2 Cup Water
Flour Tortillas
Shredded Cheese
Shredded Lettuce

In a saucepan start heating your oil and place your steak strips in the pan and start browning.  Add your vegetables, water and the fajita seasoning; mix well.  Let is simmer until done.  Place your steak fajita mixture on a tortilla with cheese, lettuce and any other toppings you prefer.  Roll up and enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments: